Police catch over 4,000 speeders on Saskatchewan roadways in July
REGINA – Police nabbed over 4,000 speeders on Saskatchewan roadways during July’s province-wide traffic safety spotlight.
In total police issued 4,028 speeding tickets during the month of July including:
- 3,820 tickets for aggressive driving/speeding
- 142 tickets for exceeding the speed limit by 35 km/h
- 35 tickets for exceeding the speed limit by 50 km/h
- 28 tickets for exceeding 60 km/h when passing an emergency vehicle
- 3 tickets for driving double or more the speed limit
Police also issued 426 seat belt violations, 544 tickets for distracted driving (457 of those were for cell phone use) and 16 tickets for impaired driving.
SGI reminds all motorists that immediate roadside vehicle seizures are now in effect for some speeding offences.