August 11, 2014 10:11 am

Justin Bieber assault case adjourned to Sept. 8 in Toronto

Justin Bieber performs at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, June 28, 2013.

THE CANADIAN PRESS/AP- Powers Imagery/Invision/AP

TORONTO – Neither Justin Bieber nor his fans were in a Toronto court Monday morning for a routine hearing in the pop star’s assault case.

Lawyers said they were in ongoing discussions and decided to re-appear in court Sept. 8.

Bieber’s lawyer has previously said the singer isn’t expected at any of the court sessions until a trial date, which likely won’t be set until the fall.

But that hasn’t always deterred fans – about two dozen showed up at an earlier hearing, hoping to see the Canadian singer.

Police allege Bieber hit a limousine driver several times in the back of the head after he and five others were picked up by a limo in Toronto in the early hours of Dec. 30.

Bieber turned himself in to Toronto police in January to face the charge, drawing a massive crowd of journalists and screaming fans.

Report an error

Comments