WINNIPEG – Long-term offender Rainie James Semple, who has a long history of violent and sexual offences, was released from prison this week and is expected to live in Winnipeg, police say.
Semple, also known as Rene James Everett, 41, was released Wednesday after spending time at Stony Mountain Institution for testing positive for THC, the main psychoactive in marijuana, which breached the terms of his long-term offender supervision order.
Semple is about five-foot-seven and 160 pounds. He has tattoos of a panther on his right forearm, a heart on his left hand and R.E. on his right hand, and his upper right arm has a two-inch round scar.
Semple was designated a long-term offender on July 7, 2009, and placed under a 10-year supervision order. He’s participated in some treatment programming but is still considered at a high risk to reoffend in a sexual and/or violent manner, with women and girls are at particular risk.
He has been convicted of sexual assault with a weapon, sexual assault, and violent offences such as robbery, assault causing bodily harm, uttering threats, a weapons offence and failure to comply with recognizances, undertakings and probation orders, police said.
He sexually assaulted a woman at knifepoint in 2000, when he was on probation for uttering threats and breaching an undertaking. He also threatened to kill his victim in 2007 while in police custody.
He’s also been convicted of robbing a man at knifepoint.
The terms of his long-term supervision order include:
- immediately reporting all intimate, sexual and non-sexual relationships and friendships with women and girls to his parole supervisor;
- not possessing or consuming alcohol and non-prescription drugs and avoiding establishments where the primary source of income is from the sale of alcohol;
- complying with treatment plans and programs for substance abuse and sexual deviancy as arranged by his parole supervisor;
- complying with psychological and psychiatric counseling as arranged by his parole supervisor; and
- not contacting his victims or members of their families.
He’s also subject to a lifetime weapons prohibition.
© Shaw Media, 2014