Vancouver Island resort named most expensive hotel in North America
VANCOUVER – During the months of July and August it will cost you almost $3,700 a night to stay there, but it may also be the ultimate private luxury getaway.
A resort on Vancouver Island has been named the most expensive hotel in North America by TravelMag.com.
The Clayoquot Wilderness Resort is only accessible via a 45 minute private seaplane transfer from Vancouver, or a 30 minute boat ride from Tofino.
It is open from mid-May until the end of September and offers 20 luxury guests tents.
To stay there in the peak summer months will put you back $3,681 a night, per tent.
John Caton, co-owner and managing director of the resort, says this price does include five-star dining and wine service, a seaplane flight from the Lower Mainland on Sea Air, and access to any and all activities offered by the resort such as whale watching, deep sea salmon or halibut fishing, spa treatments, horseback riding and more.
The hotel comes in eighth place overall with two hotels in the Seychelles taking the top two spots.
Caton says “it’s an honour, to be up against some of these other properties around the world. If we’ve got that designation right now, and we’re running at 90 per cent capacity, I’m honoured.”
The resort was also the location for Ryan Reynolds and Scarlett Johansson’s wedding in 2008.
The top 20 most expensive hotels in the world are:
- North Island Lodge (Seychelles) $6995
- Fregate Island (Seychelles) $5246
- Laucala Resort (Taveuni ,Fiji) $5040
- Khwai River Lodge (Okavango Delta, Botswana) $3800
- Savute Elephant Camp (Chobe, Botswana) $3800
- Eagle Island Camp (Okavango Delta, Botswana) $3800
- Singita Sasakwa Lodge (Serengeti, Tanzania) $3700
- Clayoquot Wilderness Resort (Vancouver Island, Canada) $3681
- Le Dune, Forte Village Resort (Sardinia, Italy) $3114
- Mnemba Island Lodge (Zanzibar, Tanzania) $3100
- Singita Lebombo Lodge (Limpopo, South Africa) $2754
- The Wakaya Club and Spa (Wakaya, Fiji) $2740
- Cala Di Volpe (Sardinia, Italy) $2613
- Canouan Resort (St. Vincent and the Grenadines) $2592
- Hotel Pitrizza (Sardinia, Italy) $2567
- Villa del Parco (Sardinia, Italy) $2502
- Four Seasons Tented Camp (Chiang Rai, Thailand) $2436
- Maia Luxury Resort & Spa (Anse Louis, Seychelles) $2420
- The Ranch at Rock Creek (Philipsburg, United States) $2385
- Queen Charlotte Lodge (Naden Harbour, Canada) $2308
A video from the resort:
© Shaw Media, 2014