TORONTO – Parents and caregivers, take notice: Heinz Canada is recalling six baby food products for what it calls a “packaging defect.”
Health Canada and the Canadian Food Inspection Agency provided an advisory about the voluntary recall Monday.
The affected products include:
- Heinz peas zucchini spinach
- Heinz sweet baby vegetables
- Heinz beef Bolognese with vegetables
- Heinz beef butternut squash rice spinach
- Heinz tuna sweet corn chowder
- Heinz butternut squash apricot peas couscous
Each of the products come in 128-ml squeeze bottle pouches.
Health Canada says that families should check to see if they have these products in their home. Do not consume them.
The recall was triggered by a consumer complaint. So far, there have been no reported illnesses, though.
Spoiled packages may not necessarily be dangerous, Health Canada said. But if it was accidentally consumed, it warns consumers to watch for symptoms such as stomach pain or vomiting.
© Shaw Media, 2014