TTC offers free rides on New Year’s Eve night
TORONTO – People using public transit in Toronto on New Year’s Eve night will be able to travel for free.
The Toronto Transit Commission (TTC) will be offering free, extended service from 7 p.m. New Year’s Eve to 7 a.m. New Year’s Day.
The TTC announced the New Year’s Eve service earlier this month as part of a three-year deal with sponsor Corby Spirit and Wine.
Meanwhile, GO service will be free after 8:00 p.m. on December 31 until regular service begins on January 1, which will operate as Sunday schedule.
Specific TTC details are as follows:
Tuesday, December 31 – New Year’s Eve
- Most routes with Monday-Friday late evening service will continue until 4 a.m., with the Blue Night Network operating from 4 a.m. to 9 a.m.
- Last trains on the Yonge-University-Spadina line will leave Union Station at 3:30 a.m. for Finch Station and 3:34 a.m. for Downsview Station.
- Last trains on the Bloor-Danforth line will leave Bloor-Yonge Station at 3:37 a.m. for Kipling Station and at 3:37 a.m. for Kennedy Station.
- Last train on the Scarborough RT line will leave Kennedy Station at 4:07 a.m. for McCowan Station.
- Last train on the Sheppard line will leave Sheppard-Yonge Station at 3:58 a.m. for Don Mills Station.
Wednesday, January 1, 2014 – New Year’s Day:
Sunday service. Subway starts at 9 a.m.
© 2013 Shaw Media