EDMONTON- Two people have been charged with numerous drug-related offences after a drug seizure at a High Prairie motel.
The High Prairie RCMP Enhanced Drug investigation team searched the Raven Motor Inn on Thursday, October 10. As a result, money, drug paraphernalia, undisclosed amounts of oxycodone, ecstasy and codeine, and cocaine with a street value of approximately $20,000 was seized from the property.
RCMP say the seizure of $20,000 worth of cocaine is believed to be one of the largest cocaine seizures in the High Prairie area.
Thirty-nine year old Verne Johnson of Edmonton and 21-year-old Kyrsten Supernault of East Prairie have both been charged with the following offences:
- Possession of a Controlled Substance, Cocaine, for the Purpose of Trafficking
- Possession of a Controlled Substance, Dihdrohydroxymorphinane (Oxycodone), for the Purpose of Trafficking
- Possession of a Controlled Substance, Codeine, for the Purpose of Trafficking
- Possession of a Controlled Substance, MDMA (Ecstasy)
- Possession of the Proceeds of crime
Johnson and Supernault are scheduled to appear in High Prairie Provincial Court on Monday, October 21.