Final Coroners report into death of Cory Monteith confirms he died of heroin, alcohol mix

The final report from the B.C. Coroners Service has confirmed Glee actor Cory Monteith died of a lethal mix of heroin and alcohol.

The report says the 31-year-old actor died of mixed drug toxicity, involving intravenous heroin use combined with alcohol. His death is considered accidental.

Monteith was found dead in his hotel room on July 13, 2013 at the Fairmont Pacific Rim hotel in downtown Vancouver.

Investigators discovered drug paraphernalia in the room, including a spoon with drug residue and a used hypodermic needle. Two empty champagne bottles were also found nearby.


Sponsored content