A foggy start to Tuesday in the Central Okanagan led to several flights being cancelled or delayed at Kelowna International Airport.
The fog has since cleared, but several flights were impacted by the fog.
On its website, the airport says “YLW is experiencing low visibility due to fog, which is impacting flights at the airport. Please check and monitor your flight status at ylw.kelowna.ca.”
According to the Cityof Kelowna, the fog stopped flights at 5:59 a.m., but lifted at 9:30 a.m., adding “there were sufficient seats available to handle passenger demand thereafter.”
The cancelled flights on Tuesday due to fog were:
- Pacific Coastal 1522, Victoria, outbound
- WestJet 3320, Vancouver, inbound
- WestJet 3325, Vancouver, outbound
- Pacific Coastal 1523, Victoria, inbound
- WestJet 3119, Victoria, inbound
- WestJet 3321, Edmonton, inbound
- Air Canada 8394, Edmonton, outbound
- Air Canada 8395, Edmonton, inbound