Iran’s foreign minister is pushing back after U.S. President Donald Trump said the country does “bad, bad things” and appeared to link it to the deadly attack on a Pittsburgh synagogue last year by an American anti-Semite.
Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif tweeted Wednesday that “Iranians — including our Jewish compatriots — are commemorating 40 yrs of progress despite US pressure, just as @realDonaldTrump again makes accusations against us.”
In his State of the Union address, Trump said Iran “chants death to America and threatens genocide against the Jewish people. We must never ignore the vile poison of anti-Semitism or those who spread its venomous creed.”
- Canadian premiers appear to back Carney’s decision to abandon ‘bad deal’ with United States
- U.S.-Canada trade talks have collapsed. Carney says these 3 issues torpedoed them
- Unifor, General Motors reach tentative deal for thousands of Ontario auto workers
- Carney says Canada ‘walking away from a bad deal’ as 50% tariffs hit
Get breaking National news
He then spoke about the synagogue shooting, in which 11 people were killed, without directly implicating Iran.
WATCH: Latest news vidoes regarding Iran and the U.S.
Comments
Want to discuss? Please read our Commenting Policy first.