Advertisement

Sexual assault case of Hedley frontman Jacob Hoggard put over to Nov. 28

Hedley singer Jacob Hoggard was arrested in July and charged with one count of sexual interference and two counts of sexual assault causing bodily harm.
Hedley singer Jacob Hoggard was arrested in July and charged with one count of sexual interference and two counts of sexual assault causing bodily harm. Global News

The case of Hedley frontman Jacob Hoggard, who faces three sex-related charges, has been put over for three weeks.

Hoggard, 34, was not present at a brief hearing in a Toronto courtroom on Wednesday where the next date in his case was set for Nov. 28.

The prosecution says they have now handed over most of the disclosure in the case.

READ MORE: Jacob Hoggard sexual assault case put over until October

Police arrested the singer in July and charged him with one count of sexual interference and two counts of sexual assault causing bodily harm.

They say the charges relate to three separate incidents involving a woman and a girl under the age of 16 that allegedly occurred in the Toronto area in 2016.

Story continues below advertisement

READ MORE: Jacob Hoggard case revives questions over when and why police release mug shots 

Hoggard has previously denied engaging in non-consensual sexual behaviour, but has said he acted in a way that objectifies women.

Allegations of sexual misconduct emerged before the charges were laid, which prompted Hedley to go on indefinite hiatus.

WATCH: Lawyer for Hedley frontman Jacob Hoggard refuses to comment, says matter is before the courts

Click to play video: 'Lawyer for Hedley frontman Jacob Hoggard refuses to comment, says matter is before the courts' Lawyer for Hedley frontman Jacob Hoggard refuses to comment, says matter is before the courts
Lawyer for Hedley frontman Jacob Hoggard refuses to comment, says matter is before the courts – Jul 26, 2018

Sponsored content