Three people, including a 14-year-old, are facing a lengthy list of charges following a traffic stop in northeastern Alberta and resulted in the seizure of drugs, cash and a gun.
Cold Lake RCMP said they carried out a traffic stop on 16 Avenue at around 3 a.m. on Friday, Oct. 27.
Police say they found 108 grams of cocaine, 180 grams of marijuana, 50 grams of methamphetamine, a loaded, prohibited firearm and what they said was a “significant amount” of cash in the car. The amount was not disclosed.
Three people from Cold Lake were arrested. Ryan Wesley Flood, 33, Vanessa Angela Gabriel, 18, and a 14-year-old boy face several charges, including:
- Possession of cocaine for the purpose of trafficking
- Possession of marijuana for the purpose of trafficking
- Possession of methamphetamine for the purpose of trafficking
- Careless use of a firearm
- Three counts of possession of a weapon for a dangerous purpose
- Unauthorized possession of a prohibited firearm
They also face other prohibited firearms-related charges. Gabriel and the teenager also face charges of failing to comply with probation orders, and the youth is charged with carrying a concealed weapon.
All three remain in police custody and are scheduled to make their next court appearance at Cold Lake Provincial Court and at Cold Lake Youth Justice Court on Wednesday, Nov. 8 at 10:00 a.m.