Tampered food with needles inside left in Vancouver dog park
The BC SPCA is investigating after another report that tampered food was found in a popular park in Metro Vancouver.
Officials say they are now aware of a third incident in East Vancouver’s Strathcona Park, where it appears food with needles stuffed into it was left on the ground for dogs to find and eat.
This newly-reported incident happened three months ago but just last week, a dog swallowed a piece of pizza containing needles and thread and the dog needed to have surgery.
On April 3, a Vancouver resident was walking her dog in Strathcona Park when her dog ate a piece of what looked like pizza wrapped up with sewing threads. She was able to remove it and her dog did not require surgery.
There is an unfenced off-leash area in Stratcona Park.
The BC SPCA says a person of interest lives close to the park and they are following up and investigating.
© 2017 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.