There’s always something. Branded the “new” ice bucket challenge, the mannequin challenge is a new social media craze sweeping the world by storm.
In a day and age where staying still is hard to do that’s maybe why this trend is picking up speed. Hundreds upon hundreds of videos are hitting the internet of “people frozen in time” including some from Saskatoon.
“I think it’s just the getting everyone together, anyone can do it and it’s just fun,” said Shereen Dyal, manager at Drift Sidewalk Cafe.
Some pretty cool versions are circulating around social media.
Here are a few of our favourites:
1. This dog is proving people need to step up their game after mastering the mannequin challenge while baking buns and eating chips.
2. With more than 1,400 likes, the Saskatoon Hilltops are giving others a run for their money after winning their 19th Canadian Bowl championship.
3. Michelle Obama does the mannequin challenge with reigning NBA champs, the Cleveland Cavaliers.
4. More than 11,658 people nail the challenge at the Perth Arena in Australia on Nov 13.
5. Texas A&M University’s gymnastics team is a must watch!