Ontario mother receives son’s remains more than five years after his killing
A northern Ontario woman finally has the last of her son’s remains more than five years after he was fatally stabbed, decapitated and dismembered.
Wesley Hallam was killed at a drug-fuelled house party in Sault Ste. Marie, Ont., in 2011.
His head and feet, which became key pieces of evidence in the investigation into his horrific death, weren’t released until earlier this week.
Sandra Hallam says a local funeral home had her son’s remains cremated Wednesday morning and she will finally have a funeral for him next week.
Three men – Eric Mearow, Ronald Mitchell and Dylan Jocko – pleaded guilty to manslaughter and causing an indignity to a human body in a surprising plea deal reached in late July, just months before their first-degree murder trial was set to begin.
Hallam says she is relieved to have her son’s remains together, but says the reality of a funeral has driven home the finality of it all.
© 2016 The Canadian Press