TORONTO – For most homebuyers, discovering an unpleasant surprise or two after buying isn’t uncommon.
But one home in Milton, Massachusetts had a surprise far beyond squeaky floorboards or leaky faucets: it was wired to explode if a certain light switch was flipped.
Police were first called to the home on Milton’s Craig Street Tuesday when the homeowner and an electrician discovered something was amiss during a pre-sale inspection.
Police and bomb squad units responded after the electrician noticed a suspicious device in the home.
According to Milton police, the device was set to detonate if a certain lamp or wall switch was flipped on. They say the wiring for the device ran throughout the home, including the rafters.
And this isn’t the first time police were called to the home. A week ago, police say they responded to a vandalism call after someone plugged all the drains in the home with cement.
Police are now looking to speak with the individuals currently renting the home. They say everyone connected to the home is at this point a person of interest in this bizarre case.