TORONTO – Police and coroner officials continue to investigate after a two-year-old girl was found dead inside of an unlicensed daycare in Vaughan.
The toddler was found dead Monday afternoon at the daycare on Yellowood Circle in Vaughan.
Officials were notified and the daycare was temporarily shut down for several health and safety infractions including:
- Food premises maintained in manner permitting a health hazard.
- Food premises maintained in manner permitting adverse condition affecting food.
- Operator failed to provide a designated hand wash basin.
- Operator failed to have adequate means to clean and sanitize multi-service utensils.
- Operator failed to have proper sanitizer available for food contact surfaces.
- Operator failed to provide food from an approved (inspected) source.
- Operator failed to implement infection prevention and control practices.
No charges have been laid. As a matter of protocol, York Regional Police are investigating along with the coroner’s office.
The young girl’s cause of death has yet to be determined.