A 58-year-old man is facing several charges after OPP say he illegally towed a home down a Tweed road using a tractor.
Central Hastings OPP were called to Old Hungerford Road in Tweed around 10:30 a.m. on Sunday to respond to an oversized load causing damage in the area.
The home had allegedly damaged several mailboxes and hydro lines in the area.
OPP say the driver had a suspended licence and was towing the home without proper permits.
Robert Beatty, of Tweed, is now facing the following charges:
- Mischief over $5,000.
- Operating a motor vehicle while prohibited.
- Driving with an overwide load.
- Failing to report an accident.
- Failing to remain at the scene.
- Failing to produce a permit.
Beatty is scheduled to appear at a Belleville court on Tuesday to answer to his charges.