A home-wide Influenza A outbreak has been declared at Fairhaven Long-Term Care Home in Peterborough — the second flu outbreak at Fairhaven this year.
Jennifer Baro, executive assistant of Fairhaven, declared the outbreak on Wednesday morning.
Fairhaven officials advise all guests to defer visits until residents are feeling better.
What are ‘Buy Nothing’ groups? Experts say trend can help Canadians handle inflation
Flair Airlines flight from Vancouver leaves runway at Waterloo International Airport
If you must enter the building, note the following:
- guest dining is not available during the outbreak
- there will be no visiting in public spaces during the outbreak — this includes the dining room
- please visit one resident, only and in the resident’s room
- perform hand hygiene upon entering and leaving the home
- if you are ill, please do not visit until your illness is resolved
Fairhaven’s outbreak information line can be reached at 705-743-0881 (ext. 200).