February 27, 2019 7:40 pm

Improper use of solvents triggers $500,000 industrial fire

Burlington fire officials say the "improper use of solvents" was the cause of an industrial fire that took place on Wednesday morning.

Global News File
A A

Damage is estimated at $500,000 following an industrial fire in Burlington on Wednesday morning.

Firefighters were called to a building on Mainway just before 10:30 a.m. after “improper use of solvents” ignited the fire, according to officials with the local fire department.

WATCH: Huge fire breaks out in Greater Manchester

One person was injured in the blaze, officials say, but the extent of their injuries is unknown.

The Fire Marshal’s Office has been called in to investigate because the fire damage is extensive.

More to come.

© 2019 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.

Report an error

Comments

Want to discuss? Please read our Commenting Policy first.