Peterborough man faces forcible confinement, assault charges involving a woman
A Peterborough man is facing charges including assault with a weapon and forcible confinement after some incidents involving a woman last week.
Peterborough police say on Tuesday a woman informed them of alleged physical assaults involving the man over the weekend. She said they occurred from Friday to Tuesday after a verbal dispute.
“During that time period it was reported that the accused struck the victim with a set of keys, assaulted her and prevented her from leaving the residence,” police stated.
The man was located at a Peterborough residence where he was arrested. He has been charged with assault with a weapon, assault and forcible confinement.
“In order to protect the identity of the victim in this domestic incident the name of the accused will not be released,” police said.
The man was released from custody and is scheduled to appear in court on April 19.
© 2018 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.