Man tosses gun during foot chase with Winnipeg Police
WINNIPEG — A 31 year-old Winnipeg man has been charged with impaired driving and possession of a firearm after he led police on a foot chase in the city’s west end.
Police say the man was spotted driving erratically near Maryland Street and Portage Avenue around 1:15 a.m Thursday morning.
When they stopped the car near Sherbrook Street the driver fled on foot. Police say as the suspect jumped a fence he tossed a .22 calibre handgun with ammunition.
Corey Hart has been charged with:
- Driving while ability impaired
- fail or refuse to provide a breath sample
- resist a peace officer
- carrying concealed weapon prohibited device or ammunition
- unauthorized possession of a firearm
- unauthorized possession of a firearm in motor vehicle
- possession of a prohibited or restricted firearm with ammunition.
© 2017 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.