Simple summer meal on the grill: Barbequing Tips from Jill Amery.
- Pat steak dry and season to taste. Allow steak to sit out for approximately 30 minutes – 1 hour to come closer to room temperature.
- Preheat BBQ to high temperature.
- Sear each side for 2 minutes then cook to desired doneness. See an online “When Is It Done?” guide.
Tip: Never cut steak with a knife to check for juices to escape.
- Let meat rest, tented with foil for 5 minutes before serving. This allows the steak to finish cooking and the juices to redistribute.
- Serve and enjoy!
To add some zing to your vegetable medley add a balsamic vinaigrette:
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Freshly ground pepper
Directions: Mix all ingredients and whisk with a fork or shake in a sealed jar until emulsified.
Follow these steps for a deliciously simple and healthy summer dinner.