Crews were called to a duplex at Hudson Street and Howard Avenue at around 1 a.m. By the time they arrived, the house was fully engulfed in flames.
According to police, the fire started in a wood pile behind the home, which quickly spread to the garage and then the house.
One person was home at the time, but police said they managed to evacuate safely.
Hydro crews were also called to the scene, after a downed power line began sparking at the side of the home.
Police told Global News the damage to both the contents and the structure is estimated at $350,000.