Advertisement

New court date set for Marco Muzzo following video appearance

TORONTO – A new court date has been set for an Ontario man accused of causing the deaths of three children and their grandfather in an alleged drunk driving collision north of Toronto.

Marco Muzzo, of King Township, Ont., who faces a dozen impaired-driving offences and six charges related to the dangerous operation of a motor vehicle following the deadly crash in Vaughan, made a video appearance in court for a bail hearing on Thursday.

The accused is set to reappear in court Nov. 26.

Daniel Neville-Lake, 9, his brother Harrison, 5, their sister Milly, 2, and the kids’ 65-year-old grandfather died after the mini-van they were in was struck by another vehicle at the intersection of Kipling Avenue and Kirby Road northeast of Kleinburg on the afternoon of Sept. 27.

READ MORE: Mother of victims in fatal Vaughan crash wants tougher drunk driving sentences

Two other occupants in the mini-van, the children’s grandmother and great-grandmother, both survived the crash but suffered serious injuries.

Story continues below advertisement

The Neville-Lake family also appeared in court sitting in the front row to view the video link.

WATCH: Jennifer Neville-Lake doing her best to put the pieces of her life back together

The parents of the victims also showed up in court last month to see the man accused of killing their children.

READ MORE: Marco Muzzo, alleged drunk driver in fatal Vaughan crash, had 7 non-criminal offences

“I wanted to come and I wanted to see the man who’s allegedly the reason why I don’t have children anymore. We had three beautiful children,” said Jennifer Neville-Lake outside the Newmarket courthouse on Oct. 19.

The family says they will attend future court appearances by Muzzo.

Story continues below advertisement

With a file from Caryn Lieberman

Sponsored content