July 9, 2015 4:22 pm
Updated: July 9, 2015 4:26 pm

Wynne lawsuit against Hudak, MacLeod over but they refuse to discuss

Ontario NDP leader Andrea Horwath, Ontario Premier Kathleen Wynne, centre, and former Ontario Progressive Conservative leader Tim Hudak speak after taking part in the Ontario provincial leaders debate in Toronto, Tuesday June 3, 2014.

THE CANADIAN PRESS/POOL-Mark Blinch
A A

TORONTO – A defamation lawsuit filed by Ontario Premier Kathleen Wynne against former Conservative leader Tim Hudak and another Tory MPP has been resolved.

In a joint statement, Wynne, Hudak and Lisa MacLeod say their “legal battles” are now behind them, but don’t say whether the suit was withdrawn or settled.

Wynne launched her $2-million suit in April last year after the Tory politicians said she oversaw — and possibly ordered — the destruction of documents related to two cancelled gas plants.

The premier later said all she wanted was an apology, while MacLeod said Wynne was trying to stifle criticism.

The three say in their statement that the debate at times became personal.

None is willing to comment.

© 2015 The Canadian Press

Report an error

Comments

Want to discuss? Please read our Commenting Policy first.