Advertisement

Fire forces evacuation of Winnipeg hotel; one taken to hospital

WINNIPEG — One person was taken to hospital for smoke inhalation and several others were treated on scene Wednesday afternoon after a fire broke out at the Manwin Hotel, in the 600 block of Main St.

Multiple fire and paramedic crews rushed to the scene after reports of fire in the building. The hotel was quickly evacuated. Firefighters were able to get the blaze under control, but officials tell Global News there is still no word on a cause or damage estimate.

Sponsored content