May 28, 2014 4:40 pm
Updated: May 31, 2014 8:18 am

One person dead after carbon monoxide leak at Scarborough high-rise

Four people are in hospital after a carbon monoxide leak was reported at a Scarborough high-rise.

Global News/ File Photo

TORONTO  One person is dead following a carbon monoxide incident at an apartment building in east end Toronto.

Firefighters and paramedics called to the building on Wednesday afternoon found one person without vital signs and three others injured.

The victim was pronounced dead on arrival at hospital.

Fire crews are blaming a pressure washer that was being used in the building’s basement for the carbon monoxide leak.

Officials say the incident happened at 15 Torrance Rd. near Eglinton Avenue and McCowan Road around 2 p.m.

Toronto Fire say residents have been evacuated from the first six floors of the building as emergency crews investigate, and TTC buses have been brought to the scene as temporary shelters.

© 2014 Shaw Media

Report an error


Want to discuss? Please read our Commenting Policy first.