Advertisement

Historic Calgary home set to make a big move

The McHugh House was built back in 1896, and has sat across from St. Mary’s High School on 18 Ave. and Centre Street South.
The McHugh House was built back in 1896, and has sat across from St. Mary’s High School on 18 Ave. and Centre Street South. Gary Bobrovitz/Global News

CALGARY- One of the most historic homes in the city is being painstakingly moved to a new location, brick by brick.

The McHugh House was built back in 1896, and has sat across from St. Mary’s High School on 18 Ave. and Centre Street South.

It was owned by the Calgary Roman Catholic Diocese and was slated for demolition, before the city approved a $450-thousand grant to preserve it as a historic site.

It’s being partially disassembled, before crews move it two blocks, to Humpty Hollow Park along 17 Avenue S.W.

Advertisement