Advertisement

Boy in serious condition after Squamish house fire

A file photo of a firefighter surveying the scene of an emergency call.

A six-year-old boy is in serious condition after getting burned in a house fire in Squamish Saturday night.

Crews say a flammable liquid sitting next to a fireplace ignited and the boy caught fire after walking into the room to see what was going on.

Breaking news from Canada and around the world sent to your email, as it happens.
For news impacting Canada and around the world, sign up for breaking news alerts delivered directly to you when they happen.

Get breaking National news

For news impacting Canada and around the world, sign up for breaking news alerts delivered directly to you when they happen.
By providing your email address, you have read and agree to Global News' Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy.

The boy was taken to hospital with third degree burns.

His mother also sustained burns to her hands.

With more people using their fireplaces this time of year, officials are warning people to take extra precautions.

Sponsored content

AdChoices