1. Gather Your Information – Gather all your notes and anything you can think of in one place.
2. Trust Someone – Find someone local you can meet with in person … someone you can trust … a friend, a relative or a specialist like Glenn who is friendly, supportive and willing to help you figure what you need to do to get things done. It’s your idea you’ll have to do the heavy lifting … but they should be able to help get you there faster and stronger or point you in the right direction.
3. Figure Out Sales & Cash– You need to know how you will make money with your idea. It is absolutely critical. Then build a really simple and understandable financial spreadsheet to project out your cash 36 months. Nothing fancy … but show how you will make and spend money.
4. Build Your Team – It takes a village to raise a child. Find people you can help you get your idea off the ground and operate it well. Ask your friends and family who they know.
5. Tell A Great Story – Start with a simple presentation that outlines your compelling idea in pictures and charts. Then show it to trusted friends and get real feedback. Once you have it right the actual business plan will be much easier to write.
Glenn Suart is a Calgary-based Strategist, Entrepreneur and Host of “Today’s Great Idea”, a nationally syndicated program aimed at helping people doing something with their great ideas.
Over the past 20 years he has helped hundreds of people build successful businesses.
Friendly and approachable, Glenn and his team help people:
• Create Strong Viable Businesses
• Craft Compelling, Winning Business Plans
• Prepare Dependable Financial Projections
• Pitch Angel Investors and Banks
• Get Going