Calgary Food Bank’s City-Wide Food Drive; supported by Global Calgary & QR CalgaryEvent Ended
Coming to a doorstep near you, this year’s City-Wide Food Drive will take place on Saturday, September 23!
Volunteers will deliver food drive bags to neighborhoods across Calgary between September 18-21.
Watch for volunteers delivering bags starting September 18. Make sure to have your bag back out on your doorstep on Sept. 23 for pick up.
For one week every September over 8,000 volunteers deliver hundreds of thousands of donation bags to the front doors of homes across the city. Generous Calgarians, then fill those bags with healthy, nutritional, and much needed non-perishable food items and leave the bag on the driveway. Those same volunteers then pick up the donations and bring them back to the Food Bank to be sorted and distributed to Calgarians.
Food Drive Details:
- Volunteers will deliver food drive bags to neighbourhoods across Calgary between September 18-21.
- If you choose to participate, please fill the bag with non-perishable food items.
- Place your donation bag on your doorstep, or in a visible place from the street on Saturday, September 23 by 10 am.
- Volunteers will pick-up your bag between 10 a.m. and 1 p.m.
- Only bagged items will be collected. We will not ring your doorbell or solicit donations.
- If your bag is missed, please call or text your address to 587-316-1623 by 4 p.m. and a volunteer will come back to pick up your bag. *Please note the phone line will close at 4 p.m..
The Calgary Food Bank is the first line of emergency food support for families and individuals facing crisis. As the city’s main charitable food hub and the most accessible food bank they have the capacity to serve families, individuals and organizations to fight hunger. They rely on the generous support of the community and people like you!