In 2021 the Hamilton Professional Fire Fighter’s Association (HPFFA) – Local 288, spearheaded the #eatAbeet Challenge fundraiser benefiting Food4Kids Hamilton. With the help of Tandia Financial Credit Union as title sponsor, this social media fundraiser raised over $35,000 for Food4Kids Hamilton in 2021!
To view a summary from 2021 including the incredible engagement by the community, politicians, media, first responders and more please check out our #eatAbeet highlight reel here.
With that success, we are excited to announce that THE BEET ROLLS ON AGAIN STARTING ON JANUARY 28…
We can do better in 2022!
LAUNCH DATE: January 28, 2022 END DATE: February 21, 2022 THE CHALLENGE:
• Post a photo or video eating a beet (raw, cooked, canned, juiced…) to social media & link with Food4Kids Hamilton and the HPFFA & include #eatAbeet in the post
• Donate $25 to Food4Kids Hamilton (or whatever you can)
• Challenge others to participate & donate
THE GOAL: To raise $50,000 for Food4Kids Hamilton
New in 2022 is the SPECIAL HAMILTON SCHOOL #eatAbeet CONTEST The HPFFA will be awarding prizes to the top 3 #eatAbeet photo or video submissions from students and/or teachers/administrators from Hamilton schools. $3,000 for 1st, $2,000 for 2nd and $1,000 for 3rd place
Prize money must be allocated to the winning submitter for a school class, program, project, team, club, association, etc.
• School submissions must be posted to social media by Monday, February 14 & linked with Food4Kids Hamilton, HPFFA and use #eatAbeet. Submissions must also be uploaded to the special Food4Kids Hamilton #eatAbeet portal.
• Submissions will be judged based on: Originality, Fun, Creativity, Positive messaging as well as Safe & responsible posts as per Covid rules
• Winners of the Hamilton School #eatAbeet Contest will be announced on February 22
GETTING STARTED The HPFFA Charity will be starting the #eatAbeet fundraiser with a $5,000 donation, raised through the payroll contribution program by HPFFA members. Our good friends at Tandia Financial Credit Union are sponsoring this challenge and will be matching that amount with a $5,000 donation as well!
Visit the official web-page for the #eatAbeet Challenge at http://www.food4kidshamilton.ca/eatabeet for complete 2022 details, past videos & photos and to get the limited edition #eatAbeet t-shirt.