Snowfall warning in place for Quebec City, parts of Atlantic Canada
A snowfall warning is in effect for Quebec City up through parts of Atlantic Canada as a major weather system over southern Quebec is expected to gradually move east Thursday.
A total of 15 to 30 centimetres of snow is expected by Friday morning.
Areas like Charlevoix and the Gaspé regions could receive up to 40 cm.
“Whether you’re shoveling or skiing, always be sure to dress warmly in cold temperatures and avoid over-exerting yourself,” said Environment Canada officials.
The organization warns visibility may be suddenly reduced at times in heavy snow.
Things to remember in winter
Environment Canada is reminding people to make sure they’re ready for heavy snowfall, including:
- Dress warmly when you go outside
- Be on alert for signs of frostbite
- Have an emergency pack with a battery-powered flashlight
- A radio
- Tools for emergency repair
- Ready-to-eat food
- A first aid kit
- Extra clothing
- Keep your car gas tank full in case gas stations close down
- Have some cash on hand in case bank machines and electronic payment methods are down
© 2016 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.