Saskatoon Transit said it is cancelling at least 16 buses for Tuesday afternoon service due to job action by members of Amalgamated Transit Union (ATU) Local 615.
Three of those buses are on high school routes:
- Route 311 – servicing Aden Bowman, Walter Murray and Holy Cross High Schools leaving at 3:33 p.m. Students will be required to use Route 81.
- Route 352 – servicing St. Joseph High School leaving at 3:25 p.m. Students will have to catch route 45 and transfer at 104th Street and Central Avenue to Route 18.
- Route 334 – servicing Holy Cross High School leaving at 3:25 p.m. Students will be required to use Route 81.
READ MORE: Sick calls during Saskatoon Transit labour dispute force major cancellations
- Route 20 – South Industrial leaving Melville Street and Brand Road at 5:06 p.m.
- Route 22 – Montgomery via Confederation leaving the downtown terminal at 3:31 p.m. and 4:01 p.m.
- Route 23 – leaving Shaw Centre at 3:15 p.m., 3:35 p.m., 3:57 p.m., 4:35 p.m. and 5:05 p.m.
- Route 23 – Blairmore leaving Confederation Mall at 3:47 p.m., 4:24 p.m. and 4:54 p.m.
- Route 101 – University Direct at 2:40 p.m. Passengers will be required to catch Route 50 Lakeview or Route 55 Lakeridge.
- Route 102 – University Direct at 2:35 p.m. Passengers will be required to catch Route 50 Lakeview or Route 55 Lakeridge.
Transit officials also said higher passenger volumes on a number of routes may result in full buses:
- Route 4 – Willowgrove Square between 2:48 p.m. and 5:48 p.m.
- Route 5 – McCormack between 3:16 p.m. and 5:16 p.m.
- Route 6 – City Centre between 3:00 p.m. and 5:30 p.m.
- Route 17 – Stonebridge leaving the U of S between 3:41 p.m. and 5:41 p.m.
- Route 18 – leaving the U of S between 3:37 p.m. and 5:37 p.m.
- Route 40 – Evergreen leaving the U of S between 2:53 p.m. and 5:53 p.m.
- Route 45 – Kenderdine leaving the U of S between 3:37 p.m. and 5:37 p.m.
- Route 50 – Lakeview leaving the U of S between 3:21 p.m. and 5:21 p.m.
- Route 55 – Lakeridge between 3:36 p.m. and 5:36 p.m.
- Route 60 – Confederation between 3:15 p.m. and 5:45 p.m.
- Route 81 – between 3:15 p.m. and 5:45 p.m.
- Route 82 – leaving the U of S between 3:44 p.m. and 5:44 p.m.
- Route 84 – between 3:24 p.m. and 5:24 p.m.
City officials said drivers are refusing to work overtime and with the current work to rule campaign, delays, cancellations and overcrowding on other buses is possible.
READ MORE: Both sides stand firm in Saskatoon Transit contract dispute
Transit officials said they are reducing bus frequencies on some routes in response to the refusal of transit drivers to work overtime.
Riders can see service alerts on both the Saskatoon Transit and the city’s websites, using the transit app and by following Saskatoon Transit on Twitter.
Access Transit is not affected as it is an essential service.