Global BC nominated for 14 RTDNA awards
Global BC has been nominated for 14 RTDNA awards in the B.C. region, including the digital category, live special events and breaking news TV coverage.
At the ceremony later this year, former assignment editor, Clive Jackson, will also receive a BC Region Lifetime Achievement award.
RTDNA Canada Awards honour the best journalists, programs, stations and newsgathering organizations in radio, television and digital.
“I’m thrilled with the nominations Global BC has received,” said news director and station manager Jill Krop. “Our team works incredibly hard to bring British Columbians the stories that matter. This acknowledgement by RTDNA is icing on the cake for journalists who bring passion and dedication to their jobs every day.”
Global BC is nominated in the following categories:
- Adrienne Clarkson Award – Diversity – Making History
- Charlie Edwards Award – Spot News – Tofino Tragedy
- Data Storytelling Award – 12 Deadliest Highways
- Digital Media Award – Large Market – Kate Climbs Kilimanjaro
- Ron Laidlaw Award – Continuing Coverage – MCFD: Demanding Answers and Tofino Tragedy
- Sports Award – Large Market – History of the Grizzlies
- Bert Cannings Award (Large Market) – Best Newscast – Global BC, News Hour
- Charlie Edwards Award – Spot News – Vancouver Port Fire
- Dave Rogers Award (Large Market) Short Feature – Giddy Grandma
- Dave Rogers Award (Large Market) – Long Feature – Transforming Healthcare: St. Paul’s Hospital
- Gord Sinclair Award – Live Special Events – Miracle Weekend
- Hugh Haugland Award – Creative Use of Video – Nasty Work Fridges
- Ron Laidlaw Award – Continuing Coverage – Tofino Tragedy
- Sports Award (Large Market) – Boxer Rhett Gibbons
Other Global News stations have also been nominated dozens of awards this year.
Last year, Global News was nominated for 12 national RTDNA awards, including one nomination in every digital category.
Global News ended up winning multiple awards.
© 2016 Shaw Media