WATCH: Making kalbstafelspitz
Description: sous vide (poached) veal sirloin. Served with horseradish, spinach, seared potatoes and egg sauce.
- 1 veal sirloin top cap
- 500g fingerling potatoes
- 500g baby leaf spinach
- 2 organic eggs
- 1 apple
- Small piece fresh horseradish
- 2 shallots finely chopped
- 100ml buttermilk
- Pinch of salt
- Lemon juice to taste
- Sugar to taste
- Clean the meat trim all-fat off.
- Marinate the meat 24 hours in buttermilk
- Wash the buttermilk off meat after 24 hours.
- Vacuum seal the meat
- Place meat in water bath at 58 Celsius for 6 hours
- sear until
- cook the potatoes in water with salt until tender. Cool the potatoes down and cut them into small pieces.
- Satay the potatoes in oil, add little shallots when almost ready season with salt pepper and sprinkle with parsley
- Sauté the spinach in olive oil and season with salt pepper
- Boil the eggs for 4 min.
- Chop up eggs and mixes with mayonnaise and chives
- Peel and grate apple. Mix grated apple with graded horseradish and season with a pinch of salt, sugar and lemon juice!!
Slice veal and serve hot with potatoes, spinach, egg sauce and apple horseradish.