CALGARY – Two vehicles were badly damaged by a fire in the community of Cranston on Tuesday.
Emergency crews rushed to the 100 block of Cranberry Avenue S.E. around 8:30 a.m.
They found one car parked in front of a home which had caught fire, spreading to a second vehicle.
They were able to extinguish the fire and say no one was injured.
Firefighters found a gas leak which may have sparked the blaze.
They were forced to evacuate about a dozen homes until it was fixed.
“Our major concern was both fuel tanks in this case were compromised, so we had a lot of fuel come down the roadway” says District Fire Chief Bryan Loschuk.
“Crews quickly sealed that off as quickly as possible. Obviously we don’t want those [going into] a storm sewer for environmental reasons.”
The home involved had minor damage but not anything structural.