IN THE NEWS…
- Best known for making people laugh in films like Mrs. Doubtfire, Night at the Museum, and RV, Robin Williams had battled depression and addiction for many years, and his death has been reported as an apparent suicide. Many in the acting and comedic community are sharing their stories and memories of the Hollywood star.
- A special weather statement remains in effect for Southern Ontario as a low pressure system slowly makes its way across the region today. Environment Canada says a complex low pressure system began approaching the Great Lakes from the southwest Monday night and will bring between 10 to 40 millimeters of rain in some areas by Tuesday evening.
- Toronto’s chief corporate officer is asking the city for an additional $550,000 to cover legal costs that may be incurred because of delays in construction. The revitalization project is currently entering its fourth year and the budget has already ballooned to $1.5 billion.
- Toronto police are searching for a man who allegedly broke into a home and sexually assaulted a 15-year-old girl. The incident happened July 29 in the McCowan and McNicoll area of Scarborough. Police say the man got in through a rear sliding door and attacked the teen.
- The country’s self-styled “Prince of Pot” is due to return to Canada today after finishing a U.S. sentence for selling marijuana seeds to customers across the border. Marc Emery is set to cross into Windsor, Ont., from Detroit after serving a five-year sentence, and his wife, Jodie Emery, says she will be there awaiting his arrival.
Cloudy. 40 percent chance of drizzle changing to 70 percent chance of showers near noon. Risk of a thunderstorm this afternoon. Wind south 30 km/h. High 25. UV index 4 or moderate.
More on current weather conditions and a 7-day forecast.
To get real-time weather for your area, download the Global News Skytracker weather app.
TRAFFIC AND TRANSIT
Mass Transit: Click for TTC and GO Transit Updates.
Roads: Click for the latest Toronto traffic.
Do you have any suggestions or additions for our Toronto morning roundup? Reach us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, on Twitter or on Facebook.