Passerby rescues pets from burning West Kelowna home
WEST KELOWNA, B.C.–UPDATE: The man who helped rescue the pets from the burning home has come forward.
Dwight Unrau says he noticed some of the windows were open in the house when he saw the flames.
“We just started yelling to make sure no one was in there, so we busted into the place,” he says.
“A little white dog was running around the house all freaked out, so we chased him out and then another guy got a cat and was able to put it into a cage and took it out, otherwise they would have been in there.”
The cat and dog were given to a neighbour to look after until the home owners returned.
WEST KELOWNA, B.C. – An Abbotsford man vacationing at a West Kelowna resort was quick to notice smoke at a Casa Loma area home Friday afternoon and take action to see if anyone was home.
The man knocked on the door and yelled through the windows, eventually making his way into the home to bring out pets inside. No one else was home.
Smoke originated from the attic of the Benedick Road house where fire crews found a smoldering blaze.
More information to come.