UPDATE: All severe thunderstorm warnings have ended in Saskatchewan
SASKATOON – Environment Canada issued a severe thunderstorm warning Monday afternoon in Saskatchewan.
Meteorologists are tracking a system capable of producing strong wind gusts, ping pong ball size hail and heavy rainfall.
Radar indicates that 50 and 75 millimetres of rain was possible.
The agency is reminding motorists fast-moving water across a road can sweep vehicles away. Drivers should also watch out for possible washouts near bodies of water.
Anyone who would like to report severe weather can call Environment Canada at 1-800-239-0484 or email photos to Saskatoon@globalnews.ca.
Severe thunderstorm warning ENDED for:
- Humboldt – Wynyard – Wadena – Lanigan – Foam Lake
- Leader – Gull Lake
- Swift Current – Herbert – Cabri – Kyle – Lucky Lake
- Kamsack – Canora – Preeceville
Severe thunderstorm watch ENDED for:
- Martensville – Warman – Rosthern – Delisle – Wakaw
- Outlook – Watrous – Hanley – Imperial – Dinsmore
- The Battlefords – Unity – Maidstone – St. Walburg
- Yorkton – Melville – Esterhazy
- Kindersley – Rosetown – Biggar – Wilkie – Macklin
- Shaunavon – Maple Creek – Val Marie – Cypress Hills