Fricassée Champignon recipe
Fricassée Champignon Recipe
4 cups water
4 cups brown mushrooms
2 cloves garlic
1 tsp ginger
1 tsp fennel seed
1 tsp coriander
1 tsp juniper
1 tbsp black pepper
2 bay leafs
- Use a medium pot to sweat caramelize the mushrooms in the olive oil.
- While this is happening, chop the leek and garlic and add to the mushrooms.
- Add the spice and cook together over high heat for 10 minutes.
- Add water and rosemary. Simmer for 40minutes.
- Strain and reserve the stock. This can be done two days ahead.
1 medium yellow onion
1 ¾ Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp shallots
4 cloves garlic minced
5 cups seasonal wild or cultivated mushrooms
2 tsp sherry vinegar
1 tsp potato starch
1 cup manchego cheese
4 eggs, soft poached
6 roasted new potatoes, cut in half
salt, pepper & chilis to taste
- Sweat the mushrooms and shallots in olive oil until tender.
- Deglaze with sherry vinegar. Remove from the pan and reserve.
- Using the same pan cook the onions gently until caramelized, about 30 minutes.
- Add the garlic and wine. Reduce until almost dry.
- Add the potato starch to 2 cups of the cold mushroom stock and stir to combine.
- Add to the onions and boil to thicken.
- Add the reserved mushrooms, potatoes and simmer. Adjust seasoning.
- Place into a serving dish and grate manchego cheese overtop.
- You can put it in the broiler at this point or just top with a hot, soft poached egg, a little salad garnish and serve.
Blueberry, Sumac & Juniper Preserve Recipe
3 cups BC blueberries
3 ¼ cups sugar
1 cup water
2 Tbsp juniper berries
1/2 tsp sumac
2 Tbsp Namasthe Hibiscus Love Tea
pinch citric acid (lemon juice)
- Crush the juniper berries and combine with the sumac and tea.
- Let steep 40 minutes and strain.
- Return to simmer and pour overtop blueberries.
- Allow to cool and refrigerate. You can serve this warm.