Lise Thibault’s fraud trial suspended following epileptic seizure
QUEBEC – Quebec’s former lieutenant-governor Lise Thibault’s fraud trail was suspended on Friday after Thibault suffered an epileptic seizure overnight.
Thibault’s lawyer, Marc Labelle, told Judge Carol St-Cyr that his client would be unable to appear in front of the courts due to her condition.
Thibault’s epileptic attack occurred after a particularly difficult day of cross-examination by the Crown, but Labelle insists that the seizure was simply brought on by fatigue.
“This week was trying for everyone,” he said. Stressing that everyone was tired.
This setback comes after Thibault’s failed attempt to have the trial quashed earlier this week.
The judge agreed to postpone the trial until September 2, at which point the parties will reconvene to schedule the four remaining days of the trial.
© Shaw Media, 2014