Toronto Morning: What you need to know today
IN THE NEWS…
- A mayoral debate that took place in East York became heated even before the event began Monday evening after members of Rob Ford’s campaign pushed their way into the event against the organizers’ rules.
- Deciding whether a child may have sustained a concussion while engaged in play or sport can be difficult because tell-tale symptoms may not show up right away. But a new online resource aimed at parents and coaches could help make that determination a whole lot easier.
- Israeli aircraft, tanks and navy gunboats targeted symbols of Hamas control in Gaza City early Tuesday in the heaviest night of bombardment in three weeks of Israel-Hamas fighting.
- Top officials from four international organizations will meet Tuesday in Montreal to discuss risks to civilian aviation in conflict zones. The International Civil Aviation Organization says the meeting is being held in light of the recent downing of Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17.
- Melky Cabrera homered from both sides of the plate and drove in five runs, R.A. Dickey pithed three-hit ball for seven innings and the Toronto Blue Jays romped past the Boston Red Sox 14-1 on Monday night.
A mix of sun and cloud. High 21. UV index 7 or high.
To get real-time weather for your area, download the Global News Skytracker weather app.
TRAFFIC AND TRANSIT
Roads: Click for the latest Toronto traffic.