Heroin overdose killed Peaches Geldof: Coroner
LONDON – A British coroner has concluded that model and TV personality Peaches Geldof died from a heroin overdose.
Coroner Roger Hatch said Wednesday that Geldof had taken a fatal dose after a period of trying to come off the drug.
The 25-year-old daughter of Live Aid organizer Bob Geldof was found dead at her home south of London on April 7.
READ MORE: 10 stars who died after using heroin
An inquest heard that Geldof was a heroin addict and had been taking the drug substitute methadone in the two and a half years before her death.
Her husband, Thomas Cohen, said Geldof had started using heroin again in February, and had hidden drugs in the loft of their home.
Inquests are held in Britain to determine the facts in sudden, violent or unexplained deaths.
© The Associated Press, 2014