WINNIPEG – The city will resume fogging for mosquitoes Tuesday after spraying was cancelled Monday night because of rain.
Transcona and areas of north and central Winnipeg are due to be fogged. A full list of neighbourhoods and a map can be found below.
Fogging starts at 9:30 p.m. and ends at 6:30 a.m., weather permitting. Rain, wind and cool temperatures can cause the program to be suspended.
The average trap count across the city was 38 on Wednesday, with 324 mosquitoes found in the trap at Assiniboine Park, which almost always has the highest number of mosquitoes. A trap in north Winnipeg held 152 mosquitoes.
Insect management areas that are scheduled to be fogged Tuesday night are:
- 1 – Kilcona Park, River East, Springfield North, Valhalla
- 3 – Eaglemere, Grassie, McLeod Industrial, North Transcona Yards, Springfield South, Valley Gardens
- 6 – East Elmwood, Kildonan Crossing, Munroe East, Talbot Grey, Tyne Tees
- 7 – Griffin, Meadows, Peguis, Radisson, Regent, Victoria West
- 8 – Cantebury Park, Kern Park, Kildare Redonda, Transcona North
- 9 – Dugald, Melrose, Mission Gardens, Transcona South, Transcona Yards, St. Boniface Industrial Park
- 12 – Archwood, Maginot, Niakwa Park, Stock Yards, Windsor Park
- 38 – Bruce Park, Deer Lodge, King Edward
- 39 – Brooklands, Sargent Park, St. James Industrial
- 41 – Armstrong Point, Broadway-Assiniboine, Legislature, Portage & Main, South Portage, The Forks, West Broadway, Wolseley
- 43 – North Inkster Industrial, Oakpoint Highway, Omands Creek Industrial, Tyndall Park
- 48 – Inkster Gardens, Mandalay West, The Maples
© Shaw Media, 2014