July 20, 2014 4:28 pm

Kitchen fire damages triplex on Fullum St.

The blaze started on the building's second floor around 5 a.m. and quickly spread to the third floor.

Global News

MONTREAL – A fire caused by a forgotten frying pan severely damaged an apartment building located at 1871 Fullum St. early Sunday morning.

The blaze started on the building’s second floor around 5 a.m. and quickly spread to the third floor.

About 25 residents were evacuated from the triplex and a neighbouring building.

One person was taken to the hospital with burns to his hands and feet but his life is not in danger.

A fireman also suffered a minor injury to the shoulder while battling the fire.

Several apartments did not have functioning fire alarms.

 

© Shaw Media, 2014

Report an error

Comments