WINNIPEG – A group of 18-year-olds was held at knifepoint for more than an hour, robbed and threatened by five men on the weekend, Winnipeg police say.
The three, two women and a man, left Polo Park and went to the creek just east of Empress Street and Westway at about 4 p.m. Saturday.
They were taking pictures when they were confronted at knifepoint by a group of men, surrounded and robbed, police said in a news release. The male victim was assaulted, and one of the women had her bank card and PIN taken, with money withdrawn from the account, police said. Identification, cash and cellphones were also taken.
The five men held the three for almost an hour and a half before they were allowed to leave, police said.
The robbers were about 20 years old and one had a “scary clown mask” that he wore at one point.
They were described as:
- Robber 1 referred to himself as “the slitter” or “the slicer” and had a knife, police said. He was about six feet tall, with a heavy build, short hair, a scraggly goatee, possible hickies on his neck and scars on his legs, and wearing tan shorts and a black T-shirt with COOGI on the front in white.
- Robber 2 was tall and thin, with a brown spot or bump on the white of his right eye, a pock-marked face and a small tattoo on his left forearm. He was wearing a hood.
- Robber 3 was about five-foot-11, had a medium build and was clean cut, with dark brown, slightly longer hair and “Anderson” tattooed on the underside of his left forearm. He was wearing a black hoodie and jeans.
- Robber 4 was about five-foot-six, had a heavier build and acne on the top of his chest and lower back area. He wasn’t wearing a shirt but had black basketball shorts and a black-brimmed hat on.
- Robber 5 was the man with the scary clown mask. He was called Jordon by the other robbers. He was about five-foot-seven, had an average build, light, shorter hair and buck teeth, and wore a black T-shirt with white designs, black shorts and a black hat.