July 11, 2014 8:40 am
Updated: July 18, 2014 4:12 pm

UPDATE: Boil water advisory lifted for Okanagan Falls residents

File photo

Getty Images
A A

UPDATE: People in Okanagan Falls no longer need to boil water prior to using it. The local irrigation district says people may detect a stronger chlorine taste and odour. But chlorine levels will be reduced as soon as possible.

A boil water notice has been issued for people living in the Okanagan Falls area after E.coli was found in their drinking water.

The bacteria was discovered during a routine weekly test.

Interior Health put out the warning after a sample tested positive for E.coli.

Two of the town’s four wells have been contaminated with the bacteria. It’s not known how it got there.

More than a thousand homes and businesses are affected.

Authorities are in the process of flushing all the water mains and are doing more tests.

Report an error

Comments

Want to discuss? Please read our Commenting Policy first.