West Winnipeg to get second mosquito spraying treatment
WINNIPEG – Insect management areas one through 18 and 17 Wing Canadian Forces Base will be fogged for mosquitoes on Thursday night.
The city-wide average trap count Thursday was 25 and the adulticiding factor analysis level, the scale the city uses to determine whether to fog, remained high. Soil moisture, the rain forecast, trap counts, the status of the adult mosquito population, temperatures and larval development are considered when deciding the adulticiding factor analysis level.
North and East Kildonan, Transcona, Elmwood, St. Boniface and St. Vital will all be fogged between 9:30 p.m. Thursday and 6:30 a.m. Friday, weather permitting, the city said in a news release.
The entire city has already been sprayed once, and the southern areas have been fogged a second time.
The full list of areas that will be fogged:
- 1 – Kilcona Park, River East, Springfield North, Valhalla
- 2 – Kildonan Drive, Rossmere A
- 3 – Eaglemere, Grassie, McLeod Industrial, North Transcona Yards, Springfield South, Valley Gardens
- 4 – Munroe West, Rossmere B
- 5 – Chalmers, Glenelm
- 6 – East Elmwood, Kildonan Crossing, Munroe East, Talbot Grey, Tyne Tees
- 7 – Griffin, Meadows, Peguis, Radisson, Regent, Victoria West
- 8 – Cantebury Park, Kern Park, Kildare Redonda, Transcona North
- 9 – Dugald, Melrose, Mission Gardens, Transcona South, Transcona Yards, St. Boniface Industrial Park
- 10 – North St. Boniface, Tissot, Central St. Boniface, Dufresne, Mission Industrial, Holden
- 11 – Glenwood, Norwood East, Norwood West
- 12 – Archwood, Maginot, Niakwa Park, Stock Yards, Windsor Park
- 13 – Alpine Place, Elm Park, Lavalee, St. George, Varennes, Worthington
- 14 – Kingston Crescent, Minnetonka, Norberry, Pulberry, Victoria Crescent
- 15 – Niakwa Place, Southdale, Southland Park, Symington Yards, The Mint
- 16 – Island Lakes, Royalwood, Sage Creek
- 17 – Dakota Crossing, Meadowood
- 18 – Maple Grove Park, Normand Park, River Park South, St. Vital Centre, Vista
© 2014 Shaw Media